Friday, April 4, 2014

FOMO

My sister brought the acronym FOMO to our family's attention a few years ago. For those of you that haven't heard the phrase, FOMO stands for Fear Of Missing Out.  My sister brought it to our family's attention because it is something most of us struggle with.  It has become somewhat comical, when we hear that one of us is going on a vacation, gradually most of us begin to invite ourselves.  Going to bed is generally a problem, because of the fun/great conversation that could possibly take place (and often doesn't!).  But I don't want to blame it all on my family.  In my own personal life, I have some pretty bad FOMO.  It forces me to make some pretty bad decisions at times.  I, also, am guilty of noticing creative, fun, adventurous things that other people are doing (usually via social media) and feel the desire/need to do them as well.  All part of FOMO.  


I love this article because it explains a little bit more of why someone has FOMO and some things to help deal with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment!